No walk-ins! Players must pre-register in order to attend a tryout! Walk-ins will be turned away.
What to Bring to Tryouts:
- SSVC Waiver (1 parent signature or 1 player signature if over 18 years old) - available under the Print Flyer button or on our Homepage
- Tryout fee ($50) has been paid online or paid in person via cash, check or card
- A great attitude! We realize tryouts can be a stressful experience. Just work hard, play, and do your best!
- A face covering to wear during check-in and optionally during volleyball play
What to Expect at Tryouts:
Here is a general idea of how tryouts at SSVC will be conducted:
1. Player check-in (held at the registration desk located in our front lobby)
Player's waiver and tryout fee submitted in full
Player will have her picture taken and await the beginning of the tryout
2. Players will go through a group warm-up followed by metrics (height, reach, vertical, etc.), several skills drills and then a short period of games. At certain points throught the tryout coaches may talk with players to get an idea of their goals for the season.
3. The tryout period will conclude and an SSVC staff member will discuss specifics about the club and the club season, introduce the coaching staff, explain how SSVC will be contacting families regarding evaluation/placement of their player, and answer any questions that parents may have.
Invitations are Extended:
- SSVC will contact the player and family most likely using the primary email provided at registration (and secondary email if necessary). Please make sure that this email is accurate.
This is a very good time to ask any questions that the player and family may have about the club, coach, or team. However, at this time the coach will msot likely not have a full roster available as they are in the midst of extending invitations.
Please take great thought in committing to the team as committing and then decommitting affects not only that individual players but MANY other players who are trying to make that team.
Where: Silver State Carson City Facility,
5680 Morgan Mill Road, Carson City, NV 89701